IELTS Score

Home Page Forums Student Support IELTS Score

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Singh
    Participant

I recently took IELTS and didn’t get good scores in listening and reading specially. However in the practice tests i was easily able to score 7.5 or 8 in listening tests. But I am so disappointed with the results as I practiced at least 2 hours each day for approximately 2 months before this test. Is that not sufficient to prepare for the exam?

Should I go for re-valuation of listening &reading?

Should I practice more or should i give another try quickly.?

overall:6.5
    Listening:6
    Reading:6
    Writing:6.5
    Speaking:7.5

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Singh,
    Importantly, learn from your mistakes. Do a practice test, mark it, and see where you made mistakes.
    Yes, I think in your situation it is a good idea to do the test again within a one month period. *Just make sure to continue your hard studies until then.

Singh
    Participant

Thank you for the guidance. Can you also suggest me some best books for practice. Which practice material should i follow for listening and reading specially?
    I need to practice lot of practice tests. Please advise.

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Singh, For listening, watch BBC online and other shows with British accent. For practice exams I recommend Cambridge Past Papers books 5-9 (of course after you have completed the instructions in your My Student Account).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.