IELTS Writing Task 1

Home Page Forums Student Support IELTS Writing Task 1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abhay Channagiri
    Participant

Could you please grade me on this task?
    Thank you in advance!

Dear sir,

I am writing to request time- off next month. I will be travelling to India to attend my brother’s marriage. I would love to be a part of this auspicious event,and to meet my whole family.

Let me explain in detail. The wedding is a 3 day event, which will take place at our ancestral home in bengaluru, India. I will get to see my whole family for the first time in 3 years, as I am currently in the US, pursuing my masters. My brother and I have planned to travel across India, to shop for designer wedding clothes and jewelry. We have planned a trip to New Zealand post-marriage activities, as the whole family is very adventurous.I would like for you to consider granting two weeks of my annual leave.

I have given detailed instructions to Kevin, our reporting data analyst, regarding handing of ongoing projects during my absence.

Thanks for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Abhay Channagiri

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Abhay,
    This is a very well composed letter and would score about band 8 on IELTS. Keep up the great work!

Abhay Channagiri
    Participant

I really appreciate it! Thank you for grading!

Could you please grade me on this task. Thanks in advance!

Moved Letter

Dear John,

I am writing to let you know that, I moved out of Cleveland to accept an opportunity with a company based in Los Angeles last week. Unfortunately, I was unable to inform you before moving because of the time constraint, and as I had to report to work in Los Angeles, the upcoming week.

Let me explain in detail. I am really excited for this new chapter in my life. Los Angeles is a vibrant city, with people from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds.I am very excited to meet one of the most creative and talented minds in the country, and I truly believe their influence and guidance will help me realize my potential. Also, I would want to take this opportunity to thank you for providing me with the much needed mental support during challenging times, mostly when we used to work together on the final editing of a project. In other recent developments, I bought a new car, a Mercedes Benz C-Class. Finally, I wish you all the success you deserve in your current and future endeavors. Please convey my regards to your family as well.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Warm Regards,
    Abhay

VIPUL PATEL
    Participant

Dear NIKUNJ
    I am writing this letter to inform you that i am moving out of kadi to grab the opportunity to work with the multinational company TCS in delhi last week.as i have to apologize for not contacting you before leaving kadi because i have to submit the joining letter within time limit.
    let me explained in detail.i got letter of employment in TCS last monday when you were out of station for a month. as you know that delhi is metro city and i am very excited about vibrant city where people from different area of world are coming to try their faith.here i have chance to get experienced people of diverse culture and talent. here i may have chance to express my talent.by writing this i am also want to take an opportunity to thank you about all your help and support you have given to me during my struggling period of life, mostly when i need guide and technical support to complete that project which had given me pramotion.in recent update i have taken house on rent and bought new car.finally i wish all the best for your current and future endeavors.please convey my regards to your family especially to parents.

i look forward to meet you soon

warm regards,

VIPUL

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Abhay, Again a very well-composed letter. There are a couple of comma use mistakes and singular/plural mismatches, but otherwise it is excellent. This would score an 8.5 on General IELTS. Keep up the good studies.

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Vipul, Good job on this Task 1. You need to pay more attention to capitalization, grammar (word order) and word choice. I recommend submitting this work to our editors for further feedback. This would score band 6 on IELTS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.