Ielts writing task 2 essay type

Home Page Forums Student Support Ielts writing task 2 essay type

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abhay Channagiri
    Participant

Hey,

Q1: Discuss both views + Opinion
    Q2: Double Question
    Q3: Adv/Disadv + opinion
    Q4: Discuss both views + Opinion
    Q5: Discuss both views + Opinion
    Q6: Problem/Solution or Double Question ( Unclear because it doesn’t mention the word ” Problems” but on the other hand it says ”steps” )

Just wanted to know if I have identified the essay type accurately or not. Please answer the query and suggest the best method to identify.

Thanks,
    Abhay

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Abhay,
    Yes, these are some of the essay types but there are more, (ex. which do you choose, why).
    The key is to know the structure and logic. This way, you are sure to do well no matter what the question. Please read this blog on the site – look for Task 2 Question Types in the blog section. Good studies.

Hi Admin,

I recently came across a question on the certain topic, but the conclusion of the question was ” What is your opinion about this ? ” for this type of where question, where there is no agree/disagree and also have not asked about your own experience and examples. In this situation, what type of structure and logical progress need to maintain? please help me in identifying what type of question it belongs to like, discuss both views + opinion; (or) one strong view + opinion; (or) Agree/Disagree views+opinion ?

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Girish, For this type of question, the structure is the same. Your thesis statement should be. “In my opinion it is beneficial to have this because (point 1) and (point 2)” Then each of these points become your body paragraphs. I hope this makes sense. Keep up the good studies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.