Is it important to listen, reading and write together?

Home Page Forums Student Support Is it important to listen, reading and write together?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shahriat Hossain
    Participant

Today I sat for IELTS mock test in a local coaching center, but I faced difficulty on listening section. While listening I was trying to reading the question and trying to understand as well, as a result I missed lots of questions from different sections. Give me some ideas how to overcome from such problems? What is the best approach to go with?

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Hossain,
    There are several steps,
    1. Make sure to use your time well. The time given to review the questions is really important for comprehension. In this time, you need to paraphrase the questions in your head, as you read them. The questions are often written as paraphrases of the audio. So you must practice this at home.
    2. Also, practice reading while listening at home before the test.
    3. Often you can get away with reviewing the third and fourth sections in the first 1.25 minute introduction time. If you can do this, then do it.
    You should be able to find more time management and other strategies in your course for this.
    Keep up the good studies and let me know if you have further questions.

Shahriat Hossain
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your such a valuable response to me. I have followed all your videos related to paraphrasing, visualization, notes taking and few strategies for listening section but not got enough explanation for time management. Like should I need to see other sections questions during the review time of current section or not etc. can you give me time management specific course link I already had subscribed your course materials. Can you help me?

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Shahriat, Yes, When you open the course go to the listening section in the full course. Time management is covered in Part D. Let me know if you have more questions once you have reviewed and practice this, I am here to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.