Lesson 17 Reading Section

Home Page Forums Student Support Lesson 17 Reading Section

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geadmin
    Keymaster

Am confused???? Quiz>>True/False or Not Given…Where  it say “It is important to knock loudly on the noisy neighbor’s wall”.. I have answered NOT GIVEN..when I click Finish button…It turn out that the answer was FALSE…it wonders me how it became false??? and as I go further especially coming across the ANSWER Key..it explain that

“Nowhere is it mentioned that it is important to knock loudly on the neighbor’s wall, so the answer is NOT GIVEN….then why  am wrong with not Given..instead the answer is false???

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Romel,

Sorry for the late reply.

The answer “Not Given” is correct. This is given in the interactive course answer key, as well as the testbook answer key.

The answer provided in the interactive test is an error. We will fix it in our next update. Thank you for pointing it out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience it caused.

geadmin
    Keymaster

According Romel’s observation, if a student should tick NOT GIVEN” and the examiner’ answer is “FALSE”, how will this mistake be corrected after the student have done the real exam? Who is to be blamed? Then the student fails at the negligence of the exam makers and examiners! The test makers should do a thorough job please!

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Benson,

Mistakes such as this are very rare on the IELTS, but if one happened, it would be quickly fixed (due to the advanced statistics they use, an incorrect (on their end) answer would show up very clearly). They would likely strike (delete) the question from the test.

Test makers are human beings too you know. On every standardized test you can find examples of question or answer errors of some kind.

In our case, our task is even more complex. We have to make sure three tests worth of answers are correct, in not one, but three places (tests, interactive tests, full course). This is almost 1000 places where a mistake could be made.

Rest assured, however, that no student would ever have their mark affected on the real IELTS by an examiner error.

geadmin
    Keymaster

The answers are not yet corrected upto this date.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.