Writing Task 1

Home Page Forums Student Support Writing Task 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gaurav Mishra
    Participant

Hi Sir, For last many weeks I am regularly visting your site and given IELTS. Last week i have got my result and in writing i procured only 5.5.
    As per my understanding i did very well whereas I got very low number. Could you please check my below letter and please confirm where I am making a mistake-

You are not satisfied with the sports centre that you visit. Write a letter to the manager:
    – What the problem is
    – How you feel about the problem
    – What steps you want the manager to take
    Write at least 150 words.
    You do NOT need to write any addresses.
    Begin your letter as follows:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to complain about the sportscentre located at SG road. My wife and I quite often visit this sport during the weekend, and we are the members of this centre for last 5 years.

I want to express some issues which i have confronted recently. Since last two weeks, I have noticed that the some changing rooms door not get closed properly and several times I have complained about the same to the staff, albeit no action has taken yet. Additionaly, swimming pool remains untidy, so that hardly anyone wants to go into the water due to not hygiene. Day before yesterday I had done the swimming into this water and faced multiple health issues pertaining to allergy.

As you are the manager and supervising all these issues, it would be better if you can scold your staff and get the reason why they are not maintaining properly. It would be highly appreciable if you look into it as soon as possible and get these problems fix.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Gaurav

geadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Gaurav, This letter is quite well written and would likely score 7 to 7.5 on IELTS. ****However, do note that Task 1 is worth 1/3 of the total writing mark and Task 2 is worth 2/3. In many cases, it is Task 2 which lowers candidates overall performance in the Writing Section. I strongly recommend using our editing and feedback services (click the green Task 2 button in your My Student Account). Then you can identify what your mark is and where you need to improve. Keep up the good studies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.