writing task 1

Home Page Forums Student Support writing task 1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nisha Wagle
    Participant

Write a letter to your manager, in your letter:
    Describe the training course you want to do
    Explain what the company could do to help you
    Say how the course will be useful for your job

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am writing to express my interest in attending a training course on “Systematic Review on climate solutions”. It is a 5 day intensive course starting 4th March in Berlin, Germany. This course includes hands-on exercise on relevant tools, presentations from experts and group work on evidence based research on climate change solutions.
    May I kindly request you to write the letter of recommendation to the organizing team mentioning about my current engagement and major achievements for the sponsorship. If I get selected, all the travel and associated cost will be sponsored by the training institute. Therefore, would it be possible to get official travel approval from the company during that period?
    This training would help me in my current task regarding the research on climate change adaptation, it would ultimately allow me to publish a peer-reviewed review article in one of the high impact journal. As this is one of the major deliverables indicated in my Terms of Reference. I hope you will consider my request in this regards.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
    Maya

geadmin
    Keymaster

You have done a good job on this Maya. It would score a band 8 on the IELTS. There are a few minor mistakes. If you correct these, it could be a band 9. Make sure to use the editing services in your My Student Account. Good studies, Adrian.

Nisha Wagle
    Participant

Thank you Adrian for your feedback.

geadmin
    Keymaster

You are most welcome Nisha. Again, I do highly recommend using our editing services.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.